saintsfc.co.uk takes a look at some of the key stats and statistics ahead of Southampton's game against Barclays Premier League champions, Manchester City.
• Saints are two points ahead of Manchester City in the Barclays Premier League table heading into this game.
• Graziano Pellè is looking for his tenth goal of the season. The striker is Saints’ top goalscorer so far.
• Sergio Agüero has 17 goals in all competitions for Manchester City so far this season, and scored a hat-trick on Tuesday night against Bayern Munich.
• There have been at least two goals scored in each of the last six meetings between the sides.
• Saints have scored in each of their last six games, amassing a total of 16 goals.
• Manchester City have only kept three clean sheets in their opening 12 Premier League games.
• City have hit the most shots on target this season, with 76, while Saints have allowed the fewest on their goal (25).
• Saints have made the fewest substitutions in the Premier League this season with just 28.
Saints wins: 30
Manchester City wins: 26
• The first ever meeting between the two sides was in the FA Cup in February 1910. Manchester City won the game 5-0.
• Saints’ first win came 16 years later when the two sides met again in Division Two, winning 4-3 away from home.
• Saints went six games unbeaten against Manchester City between 1950 and 1964, including a 5-1 FA Cup success.
• After seven years without a win against City, Saints beat them 4-3 after extra time in a Worthington Cup 2nd round second-leg tie in September 1999.
• Saints’ first-ever Premier League win against Manchester City came in March 2001, as they won 1-0 at Maine Road.
• Goals from Trevor Hebberd and Phil Boyer helps Saints to a 2-1 win against Manchester City in a League Cup quarter-final in 1978.
• Saints’ last win away from home against Manchester City was in April 2004, as they won 3-1 thanks to two goals from Kevin Phillips and one from James Beattie.
• The reverse fixture between the two is on the final day of the Premier League season.
Apr 2014: Manchester City 4-1 Southampton (Premier League)
Dec 2013: Southampton 1-1 Manchester City (Premier League)
Feb 2013: Southampton 3-1 Manchester City (Premier League)
Aug 2012: Manchester City 3-2 Southampton (Premier League)
Jan 2007: Manchester City 3-1 Southampton (FA Cup)
Manchester City 4-1 Southampton
Barclays Premier League
5th April 2014
Two goals from Manchester City in first-half stoppage time proved the difference at the Etihad last season, as the home side won 4-1.
Yaya Toure gave City the lead with a penalty inside the opening five minutes, but Rickie Lambert levelled with a penalty of his own in the 37th minute shortly after Jay Rodriguez had gone off with a serious injury.
City would head into half-time with a two-goal lead thanks to stoppage-time goals from Samir Nasri and Edin Džeko and they rounded things off in the 81st minute, when substitute Steven Jovetić turned home a cross from Jesus Navas.
Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Navas, Toure, Fernandinho (Javi Garcia), Nasri, Silva (Jovetić), Džeko (Negredo). Subs not used: Richards, Lescott, Milner, Pantilimon.
Saints: Gazzaniga, Chambers, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Cork (Wanyama), Davis (Gallagher), Lallana, Rodriguez (Ward-Prowse), Lambert. Subs not used: Clyne, Do Prado, Hooiveld, Cropper.